Antler Dog Chews

Antler Dog Chews
Find great antler dog chews at our Etsy shop!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Chicken Stuffed Shells


When I first saw this recipe I thought it was kind of a weird combination to combine stuffing and pasta, but I decided to give it a try since it sounded so easy. I'm glad I did, because my kids love these stuffed shells!! They have a comfort food, homey feel to them. Try them out and see how your family likes them!

Chicken Stuffed Shells

½ package giant pasta shells, cooked & drained
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavored stuffing mix, prepared according to box
2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
½ soup can milk (use an empty cream of chicken can)
1 teaspoon dried parsley

Cook and drain pasta, set aside. Prepare the stuffing mix and place in a big bowl. Combine chicken, prepared stuffing, one can of cream of chicken soup, mix well. Stuff shells with chicken mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking pan that has been greased. Once all of the shells are filled, mix the remaining can of cream of chicken soup and ½ can of milk together along with the dried parsley. Pour the soup mixture over the shells, cover with foil and bake in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Yummo, this sounds really good. I am definately going to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

Ellen | CheapCooking.com said...

Kind of like chicken pot pie in a shell? It does sound good somehow. Last time I made stuffed shells with spinach and the kids were NOT impressed. I still have a small stash in the freezer, wondering how I can disguise them.