Antler Dog Chews

Antler Dog Chews
Find great antler dog chews at our Etsy shop!

Friday, February 6, 2015

Breakfast Tacos & Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry


This morning for breakfast I decided to use 4 slices of leftover bacon to make some Breakfast Tacos for my family's breakfast. 
I scrambled 10 eggs, that a friend gave me from her chickens, cut the bacon up into small bit sized pieces, warmed up 10 small soft taco sized tortillas, diced a couple of tomatoes and an avocado and we had breakfast.  Add a little cheese on top and some hot sauce and you're good to go.  
The total cost for me to make this was: about $2.50
Since the bacon was from our pigs and the eggs from a friend.  


Last night I decided to make a Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry.  I took out a package of chicken that I got in the Fall from Zaycon Foods.  From my 40 lbs of chicken I got about 20 packages of chicken breasts.  They are HUGE chicken breasts and each one weighs nearly a pound each.  At the time I purchased the chicken it was $1.89/lb, I believe.  The price does fluctuate, but not by much.  I think it's well worth it for even $2.00/lb. I think I'll be getting another box when they come back to my area in a few weeks.  If you aren't on their email list, I suggest getting on it so that you can get in on some great chicken deals!  Just head on over to Zaycon Foods and sign up!


I made the stir fry sauce from scratch, using things I had on hand, instead of buying a stir fry seasoning mix.  I found a pretty good looking recipe on Food.com, but of course I changed it up a little bit.

Stir Fry Sauce

2 tsp. chicken bullion granules
4 Tbsp. corn starch
1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. ground fresh chili paste
1/2 Tbsp. honey

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and add to stir fry once the meat and veggies are almost done cooking.  Bring to a boil so it can thicken and then serve.

 

To make this stir fry I used one package of chicken and about 6 cups of chopped veggies.  
I also cooked 2 cups of  brown rice to serve it over.
Total cost for me to make this dinner: about  $7

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: